- Holds DSLR or 2 Mirrorless & 5-7 Lenses
- Accommodates 300mm f/2.8 and Drone Kit
- Spacious Main Compartment
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps
- Rear, Side, and Top Access
- 15" Laptop Pocket
- Front Panel with Organizational Pockets
- Side Pocket with Strap
- Reflective MOLLE Loops, Tripod Holder
- Weather-Resistant Exterior, Rain Cover
Call us on (02) 9689 3363
Start a live chat with us
Send us an email
Tenba Axis Tactical 20L Backpack - Black
The Axis 20L Backpack from Tenba is modeled after tactical, military backpacks and is designed to comfortably and securely carry your mobile photo studio. Its spacious main compartment features an adjustable partition system that can fit a DSLR with a 300mm f/2.8 lens, five to seven additional lenses, and a shoe mount flash or a folding drone kit. Users of mirrorless camera systems can fit up to five to seven lenses along with a camera, plus a flash or a folding drone kit, as well as a backup camera.
Complete access to the main compartment is provided by a rear-facing zippered panel with a 180° downward opening, while two additional zippered openings allow items closest to the top and the wearer's left side to be reached. By rotating the Axis 20L Backpack from one's back to front with its left side facing upward, the wearer can open this bag without having to fully remove it. To help maximize the versatility of the Axis 20L Backpack, MOLLE-compatible loops are distributed along the front panel and side opening. These MOLLE-compatible loops allow for the attachment of MOLLE accessory pouches and containers, including separately available Tenba Tools lens capsules, battery pouches, and memory card wallets. Additionally, the MOLLE-compatible loops include reflective stitching that enhances safety by helping to ensure that the wearer remains visible to vehicular traffic under low-light conditions.
The front panel also unzips to reveal multiple organizational pockets and offers capacity for hard drives, a smartphone, pens, notebooks, or a map. The inside of the top zipped opening includes a small pocket for items that need to be accessed quickly and conveniently, such as portable batteries, camera filters, or other small electronics. Along the inside of the rear-zippered panel is the Axis 20L Backpack's 15" laptop sleeve which features a touch-tab retaining strap.
The Axis 20L Backpack can be carried using its built-in top handle, or by its padded shoulder straps which can be adjusted upward or downward for a better fit. For heavy loads, this backpack's removable waist belt transfers weight to the hips for additional comfort, while the sternum strap further limits unintentional shifting around the wearer. Along the front of the Axis 20L Backpack are two MOLLE-compatible compression straps that can each hold and secure a tripod, monopod, or trekking pole. A stretchable side pocket along the wearer's right side can accommodate a water bottle or another similarly sized item which can be secured using the side-compression strap located above the pocket.
Built to be weather resistant, the Axis 20L Backpack also includes a seam-sealed cover for use under heavy rain.
- Modeled after tactical, military backpacks
- Spacious main compartment can fit a DSLR with a 300mm f/2.8 lens, five to seven additional lenses,and a shoe mount flash or a folding drone kit
- Mirrorless camera users can fit up to five to seven lenses along with a camera, plus a flash or a folding drone kit, as well as a backup camera
- Padded, touch-fastened removable dividers allow the camera compartment's space to be configured for the specific equipment being carried within it
- Access to the main compartment is provided by a front-facing zippered panel with a 180° downward opening
- Two additional zippered openings allow items closest to the top and the wearer's left side to be reached
- MOLLE-compatible loops distributed along the front panel and side opening allow for the attachment of MOLLE accessory pouches and containers, including separately available Tenba Tools lens capsules, battery pouches and memory card wallets
- Reflective stitching within MOLLE-compatible loops enhances safety by helping to ensure that the wearer remains visible to vehicular traffic under low-light conditions
- Front panel unzips to reveal multiple organizational pockets and offers capacity for hard drives, a smartphone, pens, notebooks, or a map
- Inside of the top zipped opening includes a small pocket for items that need to be accessed quickly and conveniently, such as portable batteries, camera filters, or other small electronics
- On the inside of the main compartment is a dedicated sleeve with a touch-tab retaining strap for a 15" laptop
- Can be carried using a built-in top handle, or padded shoulder straps which can be adjusted upwards or downwards for a better fit
- Adjustable sternum strap and padded, removable waist belt can evenly distribute the weight being carried
- Shoulder straps and back surface feature a resilient, breathable 3D mesh padding which cushions the wearer's back and shoulders
- Mesh padding's elevated structure optimizes air circulation, minimizing perspiration in warm and hot environments
- Large, stretchable side pocket with compression strap
- Front-side MOLLE-compatible compression straps that can each hold and secure a tripod, monopod, or trekking pole
- Tripod holder to support the bottom of an item harnessed to the front panel using the compression straps
- Durable, weather-resistant construction
- Seam-sealed cover for use under heavy rain
- MPN - 637701
- GTIN - 816779021234
|Laptop/Tablet Compartment Dimensions||25.0 x 36.0 x 2.0 cm|
|Laptop Compartment Screen Size||38.1 cm|
|Features||Accessory Loops, Adjustable Interior Dividers, Laptop Compartment, Tripod Holder|
|Water Resistance||Rain Cover, Water-Resistant Material|
|Type of Closure||Zipper|
|Carrying/Transport Options||Backpack Straps, Top Handle, Waist Belt|
|Interior Dimensions||28 x 47 x 15 cm|
|Exterior Dimensions||30 x 50 x 22 cm|
- 9 x Divider
- Tripod Holder
- Rain Cover
All cameras and accessories are guaranteed new from authorised distributors in Australia. All cameras are covered by the standard manufacturer’s Australian warranties. Parramatta Cameras definitely does not deal in any 'grey market', 'direct import' or so-called 'international versions' of goods. All cameras are sourced from authorised distribution channels with original Australian warranties.
All stock supplied by Parramatta Cameras is sourced through genuine Australian Suppliers. This means when you purchase from Parramatta Cameras you will get a genuine Australian warranty and all Parramatta Cameras products comply with Australian electrical standards. Should your purchase prove faulty within the warranty period you can return your product to Parramatta Cameras and we will forward your repair to the genuine supplier repair department at no charge to you. Parramatta Cameras is wholly Australian owned and operated and also believes in supporting Australian companies.
What are the benefits of buying genuine Australian stock?
- Peace of mind
By buying genuine stock you know you’re getting a legitimate product and have support if anything goes awry in the purchasing process
- Customer service
Buying a genuine item from a local store means you’ve got support every step of the way – ask as many questions as you need before, during and after you’ve purchased the product. If you’re local to one of our stores, you can even come in store and spend time testing out a display model of the camera. At Parramatta Cameras, we’re all photographers so you can rely on us for honest, first hand advice.
- Complying with Australian standards
Grey import items are intended for sale in designated countries overseas – so may not have the appropriate power outlet or voltage for use within Australia – meaning you may then need to purchase replacements for these important accessory items
- Protections under Australian Law
Goods purchased overseas may not be covered under the rights you’re entitled to under Australian Law with the ACCC – such as getting refund for change of mind, or a repair if the product arrives to you damaged or faulty. The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) warn that “when dealing with internationally based companies, you may not be protected by Australian law.”*
- No Hidden Taxes
It’s worth noting, some grey import retailers have their warehouses overseas – so the price you pay may not include GST. When the product then arrives in Australia you may be responsible for paying the GST before customs will release the item to you. Think of it as a hidden cost.
- Manufacturer Benefits
Things such as loyalty programs (such as Nikon’s My Nikon Life), cashback promotions, and professional equipment servicing programs such as Canon’s CPS (which includes priority service, and in some cases free loan of equipment while your gear is under service) are only offered on items purchased with a full manufacturer’s warranty.
- Ability to claim TRS
Australian stock product means full eligibility for the TRS Scheme, as well as ability to claim GST for eligible businesses. For eligible customers this means a claim back of the 10% GST paid on purchase, which is a significant saving in cost.
What are the risks of buying grey market products?
- No manufacturer warranty
Many grey market resellers advertise a "local warranty" on their products. It’s important to make a clear distinction between “Local Warranty” and “Genuine Manufacturer's Warranty” with the latter being exclusively available through official Australian stock resellers such as Parramatta Cameras. In the case of the former, the warranty is only supported by the grey market reseller themselves and in many situations the repair process involves your item being sent overseas to be repaired and then sent back resulting in long turnaround times and increased chances of damage, loss and other complications. Conversely, repairs on Australian stock items (with a Genuine Manufacturer's Warranty) are repaired only by authorised repairers of the particular product in Australia, ensuring that the repair is performed correctly and quickly.
- No local customer or technical support
Many grey importers will not offer local customer or technical support, meaning if you have any technical questions during or after you’ve purchased an item, it can be hard to get the answers you need accurately and on time
- Product could be fake or have fake accessories or parts
We have heard cases of customers receiving fake products from grey import retailers, or receiving fake accessories such as batteries and chargers that are from a third party manufacturer and may not work with the camera
- Not complying with Australian Standards
Batteries and chargers from overseas may not comply with Australian standards and can cause electrocution or destruction of the battery or camera as they may have a different voltage output
- Hidden Fees
Many grey market resellers charge higher shipping fees. Additionally as mentioned above, you’re obliged to pay GST and customs duty on all imported items (which is 5% customs duty + 10% GST on most products, more information on these fees can be found here).
- No Protection
Because in most cases grey-market resellers are overseas businesses that you’re purchasing from, they’re not bound by the Australian Consumer Law. This basically means they’re not legally obliged to honour an advertised warranty, supply products in new condition or supply them at all. As result there have been many cases of unlucky consumers being caught out; receiving used or refurbished products, had parts missing from the package and never receiving a purchased item at all. In these situations, the consumers have no-one to appeal to (such as the ACCC) as such entities are powerless outside the borders of Australia
- Illegitimate serial numbers
We have heard of numerous cases of customers who have bought products, and upon contacting the Australian distributor, finding that the serial number is not a genuine Serial number, within Australia or world wide.For instance, we have know of cases where Nikon DSLR bodies where there serial number actually was for a lens; and also cases where serial numbers on item packaging is different to the camera/lens inside. In the case of an insurance claim for loss or damage this will often mean a risk of the insurer rejecting the claim due to serial number issues.
What is an example of an authorised camera purchase?
Let's consider Canon for a second. Canon Inc. have an authorised distributor in Australia (Canon Australia). Canon Australia then supplies genuine stock to authorised retailers like Parramatta Cameras, who then supply the customers of Australia. This is an authorised camera purchase and the stock would come with full manufacturers warranty from Canon Australia, as well as being eligible for cash backs and other manufacturer promotions. Plus, you get to hang out with us!
What is an example of a grey market camera purchase?
Canon Inc. have an authorised distributor in China (with stock intended only for the Chinese market). This distributor in China then supplies this stock globally to retailers anywhere in the world. As such, the stock then gets sold to an Australian retailer and shipped to Australia, to be sold in an Australian retail store. The stock is then purchased by an Australian customer – meaning the stock purchased is grey stock - as it was only intended for sale within China, not overseas.
As with so many other things, the devil is in the detail. Whether it’s 18% grey or 100% grey, it’s not going to be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, and you never know what might happen if the goods arrive to you faulty, or what hidden fees and taxes you might be liable for.
Grey Market Importers Online - Beware!
Grey Market Importers do not purchase their cameras from Australian suppliers. This means that should your item prove faulty within the warranty period you may need to return the product to an overseas address (which can take months) or your item may be repaired by someone who has not been certified to perform such work.