Sony FDR-AXP35 Video Camera
- 4K Ultra HD 24p/25 & 20.6MP Stills
- 1080p up to 50 fps
- Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Bionz X Image Processor
- Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Zoom Lens
- 10x Optical Zoom & 20x Clear Image Zoom
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot
- 3.0" LCD Touchscreen / 0.24" Color EVF
- 5.1 Channel Surround Sound Microphone
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity
The PAL Sony 64GB FDR-AXP35 4K Camcorder with Built-In Projector is a palm-sized Handycam camcorder compatible with European broadcast standards.
It combines 4K video recording and Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to deliver clear, high-resolution video, even as you follow the action.
It is equipped with a wide-angle Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* lens with 10x optical zoom and up to 20x Clear Image zoom and features an Exmor R CMOS sensor with Bionz X image processor that delivers Ultra HD (3840x2160) resolution video at 24, 25 fps using Sony's XAVC S codec.
It also records 1080p video up to 50 fps in XAVC S or AVCHD and takes up to 20.6MP upscaled (interpolated) still images. It features a built-in DLP projector so you can watch your footage virtually anywhere you can find a flat surface.
Video and photos are recorded internally to the built-in 64GB of flash memory or to Memory Stick Duo or SD memory cards. You can monitor and playback footage on the camcorder's 3.0" Xtra Fine LCD touchscreen display with 921K dot resolution, or the high-resolution 0.24" 1,555K dot OLED EVF. An HDMI output port is also provided for connecting to your HDTV to large-screen playback. For enhanced connectivity and remote control, the FDR-AXP35 is Wi-Fi and NFC enabled. This lets you use your smartphone or tablet to control the camcorder, as well as wirelessly transfer files to your mobile device and even stream live to Ustream.
Designed for a wide range of users, the camcorder features a range of automatic image and audio options for easy point-and-shoot operation, as well as enhanced manual controls that give you more creative freedom. An assignable ring in the front of the camcorder can be assigned to control of zoom, focus, exposure, iris, shutter speed, exposure, or white balance. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack is included for powering the camcorder, which can be re-charged using the camcorder's built-in USB charging cable. Also included with the camcorder is an AC adapter, USB connection support cable, and an HDMI cable.
- Capture 4K Ultra HD Video
- Capture the finest details in 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution. This camcorder allows incredibly high resolution, to produce vibrant and realistic images. In addition, the fast Bionz X image processor is the same one employed in professional Sony camcorder models, making it possible to record 50p movies at Full HD resolution for incredibly smooth and sharp playback, with no loss in realism, even when panning the camera and shooting moving subjects.
Note: UHS-I U3 or higher SDXC memory card required for 100 Mbps 4K recording, and Class 10 or higher SDXC required for 60 Mbps 4K recording.
- Built-In Projector
- A super-bright 50-lumen projector is built into the FDR-AXP35 4K video camcorder, letting any flat surface be your screen. An input makes it easy to project from external devices. Now everyone can get a glimpse into your most memorable adventures, anywhere.
- Direct Pixel Read Out
- The FDR-AXP35 incorporates 'direct pixel readout' utilizing the entire width of the image sensor without line skipping or pixel binning. Therefore in both HD and 4K video acquisition it can read and process data from every one of the sensor's pixels, resulting in smooth edges and color gradation giving you the incredible video from a tiny camera.
- Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Lens with 10x Optical Zoom
- The FDR-AXP35 comes equipped with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens. It features a wide 35mm-equivalent focal length of 29.8mm (in movie mode) to fit more into your shots, well as 10x optical zoom and 20x Clear Image zoom for getting closer to the action.
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- On standard Optical SteadyShot camcorders a single "shift lens" is moved in the optical block to offset camera shake. Balanced Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode moves the entire optical block at once, maintaining the integrity of the optical path and reducing shake. It also reduces vignetting (light fall off towards the edge of a scene) and lowers distortion in videos and still photos.
- XAVC S, AVCHD, and MP4 Codecs
- The FDR-AXP35 records 4K and HD movies in the XAVC S format, which uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 for video compression and linear PCM for audio compression, while saving files in a MP4 wrapper which allows for extensive record times and easy editing. Additionally, you can chose to record HD in AVCHD (ideal for HDTV and Blu-ray disc burning) or MP4 (ideal for sharing over the internet). This gives you the ability to switch between all three formats or choosing dual record to capture both XAVC S and MP4 simultaneously.
- 0.24" OLED EVF
- The high contrast 0.24" OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a 1,555K-dot resolution and reproduces rich color and deep blacks. The optical design uses four dual-surface spherical lenses, which provides a wide 33-degree viewing angle for clear images from center to the edge of the viewfinder.
- 3.0" Xtra Fine LCD Touchscreen Display
- The 3.0" Clear Photo LCD features 921K dot resolution for sharp, bright, vivid images, enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene. Easily scroll through menus and view footage thanks to WhiteMagic technology that dramatically increases visibility in bright daylight.
- 5.1 Channel Mic with Audio Record Controls
- Dolby Digital 5.1 channel recording captures active sounds coming from all directions, so you can experience your home movies the way you experienced them while recording. Advanced sound features such as Auto Gain Control Limit and Auto Wind Noise Reduction make it even easier to get high-quality sound in various situations. The camcorder records high quality linear PCM (XAVC S) and AAC-LC 2ch (MP4).
- Simple Connectivity to Smartphones via Wi-Fi/NFC
- Built-in Wi-Fi/NFC support enables easy connectivity with smartphones for one-touch sharing and one-touch remote control. NFC (near field communication) provides "touch connection" convenience when transferring images to Android smartphones and tablets. You simply touch your NFC-compatible device to the camcorder to establish a connection.
- Live Streaming
- Share the adventure as it happens via Ustream live streaming. Now your circle of friends and family can share the excitement in real time by simply logging in to UStream from anywhere. You can also link your favorite social accounts with the streaming to notify your friends when you start streaming video.
- Multi-Camera Control
- Add a different point of view by including other camera angles to your movies. Connect to up to five compatible Sony cameras via Wi-Fi and use the camcorder's LCD to preview what the other cameras are seeing and simultaneously start recording on all synced cameras. After recording, you can use the PlayMemories Home software (available as a free download on Sony's website) to easily edit and create multi-view movies.
- Highlight Movie Maker
- Highlight Movie Maker produces a short highlight movie clip to share and enjoy instantly. Using an advanced algorithm based on the motion gyro, Highlight Movie Maker automatically selects the best scenes from your videos and creates a MP4 highlight reel of your recorded action.
Note: Highlight Move Maker is not available when shooting in 4K.
- Intelligent AUTO Mode
- Intelligent AUTO mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes and wind noise reduction. There are 60 different combinations possible: Portrait, Baby, Tripod, Backlight, Landscape, Spotlight, Twilight, Macro, and Low light.
- Multi Interface Accessory Shoe
- Expand photographic and movie shooting possibilities by attaching optional accessories via the Multi Interface Shoe. Attach an electronic viewfinder, external flash, stereo microphone, or even a compatible remote control via the Multi Terminal.
- Trimming Playback
- Connect to your 1080p HDTV via the camcorder's HDMI output and select a specific portion of the 4K picture for playback; you can move the section using the camcorder's menu toggle, and scale it using the zoom lever.
- Manual Control Ring
- The manual control ring around the lens opening can be assigned to control zoom, focus, exposure, iris, shutter speed, exposure, or white balance.
- Additional Features
- Dual Rec (video and still image recording)
- Photo capture from movie
- Built-in USB charging cable
- Cinematone Gamma/Color
- NightShot infrared system
- Direct Copy
- Event Browse/Share
- Face Detection (Face Touch)
- Motion/Golf Shot
- BRAVIA Sync (CEC)
- Smile Shutter
- Lock-on AF
- Audio rec level
- Audio level meter
- Advanced sound processor
- My Voice Cancelling
- Super Sampled Full HD Playback
|Imaging Sensor||Imaging Sensor||1/2.3 type (7.76 mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor|
|Pixel Gross||Approx. 18.9 megapixels|
|Effective Picture Resolution (movie)||Approx. 8.29 megapixels (16:9)*3|
|Effective Picture Resolution(still)||Approx. 10.3 megapixels (16:9) /Approx. 7.74 megapixels (4:3)|
|Processor||Type||BIONZ X image processor|
|Optics/Lens||Lens Type||ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T*|
|Image Stabilization||Balanced Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization with Active mode|
|Aperture||F1.8 - F3.4|
|Clear Image Zoom||4K: 15x*3
|Focal Length (35mm equivalent)(Movie Mode)||f = 29.8 - 298.0 mm (16:9)*4
f = 1 3/16 - 11 3/4 inch*4
|Minimum Focus Distance||Approx.1 cm (wide), approx. 80 cm (tele)|
|Focus Control||Focus System||Contrast AF|
|AF Mode||Auto/Manual (Touch Panel / Ring)|
|Focus Feature||Lock-on AF*5|
|Exposure System||Metering Mode||Multi-segment/Spot|
|Exposure Compensation||AE Shift (Touch Panel / Ring)|
|White Balance Mode||Auto / One push / Outdoor / Indoor|
|Minimum Illumination||4K: Standard:
[NTSC] 9 lux (1/60 shutter speed)
[PAL] 9 lux (1/50 shutter speed)
[NTSC] 6 lux (1/60 shutter speed)
[PAL] 6 lux (1/50 shutter speed)
4K: Low lux:
[NTSC] 5 lux (1/30 shutter speed)
[PAL] 5 lux (1/25 shutter speed)
HD: Low lux:
[NTSC] 3 lux (1/30 shutter speed)
[PAL] 3 lux (1/25 shutter speed)
[NTSC] 0 lux (1/60 shutter speed)
[PAL] 0 lux (1/50 shutter speed)
|Auto Iris Control||F1.8 - F9.6|
|Manual Iris Control||F1.8 - F9.6|
|Manual Exposure Assist||Zebra Pattern Display|
|Recording||Media Type||Internal flash memory
XAVC S 4K (100 Mbps): SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I U3 or higher)
XAVC S 4K (60 Mbps): SDXC Memory Card (Class 10 or higher)
XAVC S HD: SDXC Memory Card (Class 10 or higher)
AVCHD, Still: Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
|Video Format||XAVC S format: MPEG4-AVC/H.264
AVCHD format ver. 2.0 compatible: MPEG4-AVC/H.264
MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
|Video Mode (resolution)||XAVC S 4K: 3840 x 2160
[NTSC] 30p, 24p
[PAL] 25p, 24p
XAVC S HD : 1920 x 1080
[NTSC] 60p, 30p, 24p
[PAL] 50p, 25p, 24p
AVCHD : 1920x1080
[NTSC] 60p (PS), 24p (FX, FH), 60i (FX, FH), 1440 x 1080 / 60i (HQ, LP)
[PAL] 50p (PS), 25p (FX, FH), 24p (FX, FH), 50i (FX, FH), 1440 x 1080 / 50i (HQ, LP)
MP4 : 1280x720
|Audio Format||MPEG-4 Linear PCM 2ch (48kHz/16bit)*6
Dolby Digital 5.1ch, Dolby Digital 5.1 Creator*7
Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator*7
MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch*8
|Microphone/Speaker||Built-in zoom microphone
|Mic Level Control||Yes (31 steps)|
|Dual Video Recording||XAVC S/MP4 or AVCHD/MP4|
|Viewfinder||Type||0.6cm (0.24 type)/Color 1,555,200 dots equivalent|
|LCD Display||LCD Type||7.5cm (3.0 type) Xtra Fine LCD™ display (921,600 dots) Wide (16:9)|
|Angle Adjustment||Opening angle: Max. 90 deg. / Turning angle: Max. 270 deg.|
|Projector||Light Output||Up to 50 lumens|
|Projector Input||Yes (HDMI micro)*9|
|Interface||Memory Card Slot||Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible|
|HD Output||HDMI Out (micro) (supplied)|
|4K Output||HDMI Out (micro) (supplied)|
|USB Port||Type A (built-in) / USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mass-storage/MTP)|
|Headphone Jack||Stereo mini jack|
|Remote Terminal||Integrated into Multi/Micro USB Terminal*10|
|HDMI Terminal||Yes (HDMI micro)*11|
|Accessory Shoe||Yes (Multi Interface Shoe)|
|Power||Battery Type||InfoLITHIUM with AccuPower Meter System (V Series)*12|
|Power Consumption (in view finder operation)*13||4K: 5.6 W|
|Power Consumption (in LCD Operation)*13||4K: 5.6 W|
|Power Requirement||6.8 V (battery pack) / 8.4 V (AC adaptor)|