Product added to cart
Sony A7 III (Body Only)
Check for stock availability
- 24.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor back-illuminated
- Wide ISO Range 100-51200, 15-Stop Dynamic Range
- 5-stop, 5-axis in-body stabilization
- 10fps Continuous Shooting, 89 RAW Frame Buffer
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC, Dual SD Slots
free shipping for orders over $500
2 years Australian Warranty
Building on Sony’s market leading position in the full-frame market, they are proud to introduce yet another impressive addition to their full-frame mirrorless line-up, the α7 III.The α7 III features advanced technologies from the α9 and α7R III including 10 fps continuous shooting, 4K HDR video, Z series battery, dual card slots, and joystick for adjusting focus points. Paired with a new 24.2MP back-illuminated sensor, this versatile new camera is the perfect option for all photographers, from enthusiast to professional.Standard ISO range is extended to ISO 100-51200 -expandable to ISO 50-2048006 for stills, while Detail Reproduction and Area-specific Noise...
Building on Sony’s market leading position in the full-frame market, they are proud to introduce yet another impressive addition to their full-frame mirrorless line-up, the α7 III.
The α7 III features advanced technologies from the α9 and α7R III including 10 fps continuous shooting, 4K HDR video, Z series battery, dual card slots, and joystick for adjusting focus points. Paired with a new 24.2MP back-illuminated sensor, this versatile new camera is the perfect option for all photographers, from enthusiast to professional.
Standard ISO range is extended to ISO 100-51200 -expandable to ISO 50-2048006 for stills, while Detail Reproduction and Area-specific Noise Reduction technologies maintain image details and cut noise. With highly effective performance in mid-to-high sensitivity ranges, you can shoot at high ISO with no concerns about noise or image deterioration.
AF performance is improved using the same AF advancements as in the α9 and applying it optimally.
Once the α7 III captures such unpredictably moving subjects as dancers, boxers, and wild animals in action, it won’t easily let them go. With SSM or SAM lenses only. With the LA-EA3 mount adaptor. Focal-plane phase-detection AF not supported for movie recording. AF-C can only be used when the "Phase detection" AF system is selected, but focus is fixed at the first frame during continuous shooting in any mode other than "Continuous: Lo" -Hi+, Hi, Mid.
- Fast Hybrid AF System
- An evolved 4D FOCUS system now employs a combination of 693 phase-detection points, which cover approximately 93% of the frame, along with 425 contrast-detection areas for reliable and quick autofocus and subject tracking performance. This Fast Hybrid AF System now achieves twice the focusing speed and more reliable tracking compared to previous a7 models, as well as improved low-light focusing. The use of phase-detection points also enables the use of A-mount lenses via the optional LA-EA3 or LA-EA1 lens mount adapters with full continuous AF/AE tracking compatibility.
The apt focus system also lends itself to a variety of focusing functions for refined accuracy, including Lock-on AF, which maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject, and Expand Flexible Spot, which employs neighbouring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus. Additionally, Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized subjects' eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes. Autofocus can also be used in conjunction with the Focus Magnifier function for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details. The rear touchscreen can also be used for Touch Focus control, and a Touchpad Focus Control mode lets you use the rear screen intuitively while keeping your eye to the viewfinder.
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilisation
- Packed into the robust a7 III is a 5-stop effective 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilisation system that compensates for five different types of camera shake encountered during handheld shooting of stills and video. This allows users to confidently use any lens, even adapted lenses, for critical imaging without encountering blur from camera shake.
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilisation will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilisation.
- UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
- Internal recording of UHD 4K movies is possible in multiple frame rates up to 30 fps and using 2.4x oversampling renders greater detail and full pixel readout is possible, that is void of pixel binning, for higher quality imagery with reduced moiré and aliasing. Full-frame 4K recording has also been dramatically improved for improved quality when working at mid to high sensitivities to permit full use of the entire sensor width. Full HD 1080p recording is also supported in frame rates up to 120 fps, and both resolutions utilize the 100 Mb/s XAVC S format contained within an MP4 wrapper with 4:2:0 sampling. The high-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate set to either 30p or 24p. In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
Affording extensive customizable colour and gamma controls, the a7 III allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, colour level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG -Hybrid Log-Gamma support is also available, along with the BT.2020 colour space, for recording within a wide colour gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
- a7 III Mirrorless Digital Camera Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi/Bluetooth
- An XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF is featured, and has a 2.36m-dot resolution and 0.78x magnification for bright, clear viewing in high detail. This viewfinder design also affords the use of autofocus in the Focus Magnifier mode as well as improved focusing peaking to benefit manual focus operation.
- In addition to the EVF, a 3.0" 922k-dot rear LCD is also available, which has a touch panel design for intuitive operation and focusing control. The screen also tilts upward 107 degrees and downward 41 degrees to benefit working from high and low angles.
- Magnesium-alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Weather-sealing has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Using the NP-FZ100 battery, the a7 III has improved battery life and is now rated for approximately 710 shots per charge.
- Dual SD memory card slots allow for flexible file saving and handling, and can be configured to partition raw and JPEG files or can be used for overflow recording. One of the card slots is rated to support UHS-II memory cards.
- A USB 3.0 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged from the host power source while connected.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a7 III to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC -Near Field Communication is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
|Product Type||Compact System Cameras|
|Warranty Years||2 years|
- Sony A7 III Body Only
- AC Adaptor AC-UUE12
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Body Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Micro USB Cable
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- Shoulder Strap
Upgrade your Kit
You might also like
Write Your Own Review