Sony 28mm f/2 Wide Angle Lens
+ FREE SHIPPING on this Item!
Compatible with the entire Sony E-Mount range including the Full-frame Cameras, this 28mm f2 is a high performance prime lens adding further versatility and imaging prowess to your Compact System Camera kit.
- Fast f2 max Aperture
- Compatible with all Sony E-mount cameras
- Circular 9-blade aperture - for beautiful bokeh
- Excellent optical design
- Sturdy dust and moisture resistant construction
The FE 28mm f/2 Lens from Sony is a full-frame compatible wide-angle prime lens for E-Mount mirrorless cameras. Its wide focal length and fast aperture make it a practical and versatile addition to your gear bag. Also compatible with APS-C format E-Mount cameras, it provides the angle-of-view equivalent to a 42mm lens in the 35mm/full-frame format.
Its optical design features Extra-low Dispersion glass elements which reduce chromatic aberrations and provide improved contrast. Also, aspherical and advanced aspherical elements minimize spherical aberrations and help to maintain the lens' compact, lightweight form. Multi-coating on the ED glass elements reduce flare and ghosting and also improve overall image contrast and quality.
An internal focus system and a linear actuator autofocus mechanism provide fast and quiet focusing and make this lens ideal for both still shooting and video recording. The internal focus system also maintains the compact length of the lens during focus and does not rotate the front element. A uniquely designed 9-blade system creates a circular aperture which helps to create pleasing out-of-focus highlights.
The compact design of this lens is a great match for the compact E-Mount cameras and its robust build with dust and moisture resistant seals enable it to be used in less than optimal conditions. It is compatible with Sony's Ultra-wide and Fisheye converter lenses for even wider perspectives.
Wide-Angle Prime Lens for Full-Frame E-Mount Cameras
- This 28mm prime lens is designed for full-frame format E-Mount mirrorless cameras and is also compatible with the APS-C format cameras on which it provides the 35mm focal length equivalent of a 42mm lens. Its f/2 maximum aperture is effective in low light and enables shallow depth of field control.
- Aspherical and Advanced Aspherical lens elements reduce spherical aberration and multi-coated Extra-low Dispersion glass elements minimize chromatic aberration and reduce ghosting and flare for sharper images with more contrast.
Internal Focus and Linear Actuator Autofocus Mechanism
- Only the middle groups of the optical system move to achieve focus, so the overall length of the lens does not change. Other important benefits include fast autofocusing and a short minimum focusing distance. Also, the filter thread at the front of the lens does not rotate, which is convenient if you're using a polarizing filter. The linear actuator AF system provides smooth and quiet AF action.
- A unique 9-blade design keeps the aperture almost perfectly circular. Smoother, more natural out-of-focus highlights can be obtained as a result.
Compact, Robust Form Factor
- At less than 2.5" long, this 28mm lens is a ideal companion for mirrorless E-Mount cameras and its dust and moisture resistant seals allow it to be used in less than ideal conditions.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||75°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.42" (29 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:7.7|
|Elements/Groups||9 / 8|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 49 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.52 x 2.36" (64 x 60 mm)|
|Weight||7.05 oz (200 g)|
|Package Weight||0.8 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.8 x 4.4 x 3.2"|