Haida 77mm Var ND ProII S MC Optical Glass Filter
The cost-effectiveness of this filter is clear. The glass is multi-coated to help prevent flare and ghosting on the camera's sensor. The frame is made from ionized steel for additional durability.
The cost-effectiveness of this filter is clear. The glass is multi-coated to help prevent flare and ghosting on the camera's sensor. The frame is made from ionized steel for additional durability. As an added feature, the Mark II filter is indexed with lines on the filter ring to help you select the desired degree of neutral density. Neutral density filters offer you some exciting possibilities for creating images that would ordinarily not be possible. For those who enjoy blurred or motion images, this is the filter of choice since it allows you to slow down your exposure and "capture" the motion of flowing water or speeding cars, birds or athletes.
Neutral density filters reduce the amount of light reaching the film. When used with a digital camera, you can effectively see how this filter works. After the initial exposure, you can check your LCD image and then make whatever change in exposure you feel you need to enhance your image. By rotating the ring, you can either increase or decrease the ND effect. This will be especially useful when trying to achieve "blurred" or "panned" shots.
- Operates on the same principle as a Circular Polarizing Filter - rotate to the desired degree and shoot.
- Filter ring is indexed (lines) to mark the degree of neutral density you choose.
- Inca Pro Variable ND Filters adjusts density, offering 2 to 8 stops of added density by easily rotating the outer filter ring.
- With excellent quality optical glass and precision processing, the Inca Pro Variable ND Filter will not produce unwanted colour cast.
- Suitable for use with super wide-angle lenses
Neutral Density Filter Applications
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars.
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background.
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situation.
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure.
Type: Variable Neutral Density
Grade: Pro Grade
Filter Factor: Depends on how it is rotated
Effect: Reduce the amount of light reaching the film
To use high speed film in bright light
Application: Outdoor, nature and scenic photography
Rear Thread: 77mm