Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
The New 24-105mm IS STM lens from Canon is a lightweight and affordable option that is compatible with both Full-Frame and crop Sensor EOS cameras. Featuring an STM motor, this lens has fast, smooth and silent AF for video and Live-view mode shooting.
- Versatile zoom range - Shoot a wide range of subjects
- Fast & silent autofocus - Suitable for video
- Built in IS for limiting camera shake
- Lightweight and compact one lens solution
- Two aspherical elements - great optical quality
Offering the quiet and smooth autofocusing benefits of a stepping motor for full-frame EOS DSLRs, Canon's EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens is a standard telephoto supporting the use of the Movie Servo AF mode. Complementing the focusing precision is an equally apt Optical Image Stabilizer, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by four shutter speed stops to benefit working with slower shutter speeds or longer focal length positions. This wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed as a useful option for everyday shooting, and champions working in difficult lighting conditions for both photo and video applications.
With regard to the optical design, this lens incorporates two aspherical elements and one UD element to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and benefit overall image sharpness and clarity. Furthermore, optimized coatings have also been applied to individual elements to suppress surface reflections for contrast-rich, color-neutral imaging.
The lens is also designed around a seven-group zoom optical system, along with an inner-focusing mechanism to quicken focusing times. Additionally, a seven-blade rounded diaphragm is employed to produce a smooth out-of-focus quality beneficial to selective focus imagery.
- Standard wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame EOS DSLRs, however it can also be used with APS-C-sized sensors, where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 38.4-168mm.
- A lead screw-type STM stepping motor is incorporated into the lens' design to provide quick, smooth, and near silent autofocus performance. Additionally, this focusing mechanism also pairs well with EOS cameras featuring the Move Servo AF mode to enable continuous focusing performance when working in live view.
- Two aspherical elements and one Ultra-Low Dispersion (UD) element are incorporated within the lens design to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range.
- Optimized lens coatings help to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and more color-neutral imagery.
- Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in difficult lighting conditions.
- A seven-group zoom optical design, along with an internal focusing mechanism contribute to quickened and responsive handling as well as a more compact form factor.
- When working in the autofocus mode, full-time manual focus override can be used to instantly switch between auto and manual focusing methods.
- Seven rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF (Full Frame)|